Date: 22 / 12 / 2016
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A cookie is a file (text file) that is downloaded on your computer or IT device when you access certain web pages. These cookies allow for storing and recovering information about a user’s browsing through a certain programme and they may serve to recognize the user and customise the interaction with the Website depending on the type and purpose of the cookies that he/she uses.
TYPES OF COOKIES
a) Depending on their purpose the cookies may be:
- Technical: they allow the user to browse through a Website, and the use of the different options or services that exist therein, such as to identify the session, access restricted-access parts, make the request for registration or participation in an event, use security elements during the browsing, save contents for the dissemination of videos or sound, or share contents through social networks.
- Customising: they allow the user to access a Website with some predefined general features according to a series of criteria of the user terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which the service is added, or the regional settings from which the service is accessed.
- Analysis: they allow the head thereof to monitor and analyse the behavior of the User on the websites to which they are linked. The information gathered through this type of cookies is used in the measurement of the activity of the websites, and for preparing browsing profiles of the Users of said sites, in order to introduce improvements depending on the analysis of the data of the use that the Users make of the service.
- Advertising: they allow for managing the advertising spaces included on a Website based on criteria such as the edited content or the frequency with which the advertisements are shown.
- Behavioural advertising: they allow for the management of the advertising spaces that have been included on a Website. These cookies store information about the behaviour of the Users through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows for developing a specific profile to show advertising depending on same.
b) Depending on who sends, manages and processes the data that are obtained, the cookies may be:
- Own: they are managed by the owner of the Website.
- Third-party: they are managed by another entity.
c) Depending on the period of time they remain activated in the user’s machine, the cookies may be:
- Session: designed to gather and store date while the user accesses a Website.
- Persistent: they allow the data to be stored, accessed and processed in the user’s terminal for a period set by the person responsible for the cookie, which may be from a few minutes to several years.
d) The following cookies are exempt from complying with article 22.2 of Law 34/2002, of 11 of July, regarding information society and electronic commerce services: user entry, user authentication or identification, user security, media player session, load balancer session, user interface customisation, plug-in to exchange social content.
COOKIES USED ON THIS WEBSITE
This Website, belonging to BORRAS, makes use of the following cookies:
|Google Analytics||Distinguish the users||Analysis||Own and third-party (Google Inc.)||2 years||Press here|
|_gat||Google Analytics||Limit the percentage of requests||Analysis||Own and third-party (Google Inc.)||10 minutes||Press here|
|_icl_current_language||Plug-in WPML||Save the selection of the language made by the user||(tecnical) configuration||WordPress||24 hours||Exempt from informing|
However, it is possible that analytical cookies not specified in the foregoing description may temporarily be added.
Given the characteristics of the Internet, we do not always have up-to-date information about the cookies that third parties may place through this Website. Therefore, in the event that this type of cookies is found on this Website and they are not described here, we request that you inform us of that as soon as possible at email@example.com. BORRAS is a fervent defender of transparency in all its processes, especially regarding information to the consumer, which is why we are concerned that our clients, both actual and potential, have absolute freedom in relation to the company, thus fostering a comprehensive Compliance culture.
In the same vein, if it considers it appropriate, it may also directly get in touch with the third party to ask it for information about the cookies it places, the purpose and the duration of the cookie, and how to guarantee the User’s privacy.
HOW TO CHANGE THE COOKIE SETTINGS?
The User may allow, block or eliminate the cookies installed on his/her machine by setting the options of the browser installed in his/her machine.
a) For more information about Internet Explorer press here.
b) For more information about FireFox press here.
c) For more information about Chrome press here.
d) For more information about Safari press here.
e) For more information about Opera press aquí.